A Festival of Trees - 2015
- 100+ Decorated Artificial Christmas Trees
- Aisle of Wreaths
- Santa’s Workshop
- NorthPole Playland
- Miniature Victorian Village & Train
- Gingerbread Village -- See below
- Dickens Village
- Entertainment Stage
- Santa Claus
All of the trees will be raffled off. Come and pick the one you'd like to take home if your ticket is drawn.
Dates and times for 2015
- Friday, December 11 from 5 p.m. - 9 p.m
- Saturday, December 12 from 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Sunday, December 13, from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Download and print out this coupon [PDF] for discounted admission. Note that the coupon will print out in black and white.
The Royal Plaza Trade Center at 181 Boston Post Road West in Marlborough.
These photos were taken on Saturday and include every tree and wreath, and every entry in the gingerbread competition.
Deadline: Your entry form must be received by Monday, December 7, 2015. If you later decide you won't be entering, please let us know immediately.
Individuals and teams may enter in the following categories:
- Novice - Decorators with minimum decorating experience
- Experienced – Serious hobbyists, home bakers and professionals.Construction Requirements
- For team entries, the highest skill level of any member will determine the category for their team's entry.
- The Metro West Festival of Trees and its judges reserves the right to decide whether an entry is in the Novice or Experienced Category
- Show directors and/or staff are not responsible for damage of any kind, although all care will be taken to prevent such occurrences.
- Entries must be delivered between 2pm and 6pm on Friday, December 11, 2015. People’s Choice votes will begin collecting at 5pm.Judging
- For the Novice Division, the base size can be no larger than 20” by 20” and no taller than 20”.
- For the Experienced Division, the base size can be no larger than 24”” base, height cannot be taller than 24”.
- For all divisions, weight cannot be more than 50lbs. & should be on a ½” or ¾” Plywood Base. Base size should be proportionate to house/art.
- Build your house as sturdy as possible.
- Materials: Except for the base and interior lighting, entries should be constructed and composed of edible materials. Non-edible materials such as paint and/or ribbon are approved (and encouraged) to decorate the outer edge of your base. The main structure of your entry should be constructed of at least 75% gingerbread, some of which must be exposed. Colorful candies & icing will make your creation look festive & will catch the judges’ eye. You may use chocolate, gum paste, sugar, marzipan, royal icing, nougat and other edible food products. You can use decorative items such as tree branches, mirrors, toy people & animals, etc.
- Cake creations do not meet specifications.
- Any entry with non-edible components will not be disqualified, but originality is a key component to judging. Candies must be unwrapped and free of any non-edible materials such as lollipop sticks. All entries must be solely constructed by the individual or teams entering the competition.
- Live plants, water ornaments, globes or other water features are not allowed.
- Lights: Your gingerbread creation can be wired for lights (Please furnish an extension cord)
- Gingerbread “houses” can also be barns, doghouses, birdhouses, lighthouses & other imaginative dwellings.
- Name your display: Please give your creation a name (limited to 22 characters, including spaces). We will place a sign with the name of your creation. Names of the entrants will be added after judging.
- Skirted tables will be providedPrizes
- Entries will be judged on creativity/originality/craftsmanship/degree of difficulty/artistic coordination/overall appearance & adherence to theme.
- Entries MUST be sole work of the entrant(s)
- Winners will be determined by judges appointed by the Metro West Festival of Trees in the three (2) eligible categories, and all rulings by the judges are final.
- Judging will take place at 9am, Saturday, December 12th. People’s Choice votes will be counted on Sunday, December 13th at 2pm. All awards will be given after votes are tallied.
- Winning Entry of the Experienced Division will receive $500 and a ribbon.
- Second Place Entry of the Experienced Division will receive $200 and a ribbon.
- Third Place Entry of the Experienced Division will receive $100 and a ribbon.
- Winning Entry of the Novice Division will receive $100 and a ribbon.
- Second Place Entry of the Novice Division will receive $50 and a ribbon.
- Third Place Entry of the Novice Division will receive $25 and a ribbon.
- A People’s Choice Award will be given to the entry given the most votes by Festival attendees. The winner will receive $25 and a ribbon.
- Splitting of any prize awarded to a team will be left to the discretion of the team.
- Prize checks will be given to the winners after judging or sent to the name and address on the entry form.
You may submit as many entries as you wish, but no individual or team can win more than one ribbon (with the exception of the People’s Choice). Each entry submitted will receive 2 free admission tickets for individual entrants and 4 admission tickets for group entrants.
You may donate your entry to the Festival of Trees or pick it up by 6:00 pm Sunday, Dec. 13. Entries that are not picked up by that time will become property of the Metrowest Festival of Trees and will be auctioned off.