The net proceeds from the sale of these items support the research and preservation activities of the Marlborough Historical Society.
- The 2013 Marlborough Historical Society Calendar
Calendars are $10 ($8 for members) and are available for purchase at the Society's programs and special events, and through these area merchants. (Note that the $8 price for members is available only for purchases directly from the Society.)
Calendars from past years are available for $5 or less while supplies last.
- Your message on next year's calendar is only $5/date. Download and fill out this form with the special birthday, anniversary, or other dates you want to recognize, then send it in with your check. The messages on completed forms received with payment by September 1 will be included on the following year's calendar.
- Your historic picture in a future calendar. Send a digital scan of the photograph along with details in order to be considered for a future calendar.
- Notecards with historic images of Marlborough. Created by Joan Abshire from historic images in the Society's collection. ($1/card or six for $5.)
- Books and CDs
- Images of America--Marlborough is a pictorial history book compiled by Society member Susan Alatalo and published in 2003. ($21)
- History of the Town of Marlborough, by Charles Hudson, was published in 1862. High-quality bound reprints of this 544-page book are available for purchase. ($60; includes separate volume with an index to persons included in the book.)
- Index of Persons in History of the Town of Marlborough. Available with the book above, or separately for $5.
- Historical Reminiscences of the Early Times in Marlborough, Massachusetts, by Ella Bigelow, was published in 1910. High-quality bound reprints of this 488-page book are available for purchase. ($60; includes separate volume with an index to the book.)
- The Marlborough Survey of Historic, Architectural, and Cultural Resources on a two CD set. An excellent resource with information on hundreds of historic properties throughout Marlborough. The CDs contain the entire five-volume set as PDFs; the contents can be searched with a free PDF reader. Complete details are in this Read Me file, which is included on each CD. You can also view the entire contents of the report online, including the historical overview and the property detail. The Society has donated a set of these CDs to the public library that members can check out. ($25 for the two CD set; $3 S&H)
The 2010 calendars are also available at these local businesses.
For information on shipping rates, or if you have other questions, please send us e-mail.
The Peter Rice Homestead
377 Elm Street
Marlborough, MA 01752
Mailing address for payment when purchasing by mail or e-mail:
P.O. Box 513
Marlborough, MA 01752-0513
Reminder: Unless they're indicated above, please send us e-mail to request rates for shipping before you mail your order.