10 Things You Can Do to Support
Historic Preservation in Marlborough
1. Come to our free monthly programs--and bring a friend. After the program, over coffee and cookies, you'll meet others interested in Marlborough history and genealogy, preservation and education.
2. Volunteer--for all kinds of things, for all kinds of schedules. Opportunities for all ages.
3. Join the Marlborough Historical Society.
4. Participate in the 2008 Marlborough Historic Homes Tour--benefiting historic preservation in Marlborough.
5. Dive into genealogy--with the Society's genealogy interest group, the Family Tree Climbers.
6. Buy a book or calendar--and learn more about the history of Marlborough.
7. Donate historical items--Let us know
what you have that you'd like to donate and we'll work with you to make
the necessary arrangements, including recognizing your donation.
8. Make a bequest--The
generosity of previous generations of Marlborough citizens has enable
the Historical Society to maintain the Peter Rice Homestead. Please
consider the Historical Society in your planned giving. Contact us and we'll help ensure that your giving supports the historic preservation efforts of the Society.
9. Donate goods or services--Let us know
the good or service you provide and we'll discuss the role you can play
in supporting historic preservation in Marlborough and we'll work with
you to make sure that your contribution is recognized in the community.
10. Participate in the Annual Festival of trees--There are many ways to participate, including as an attendee, decorator, volunteer, exhibitor/crafter, or sponsor. Follow the link in the left column for this year's Christmas event to learn more.